Saturday, July 26, 2008

Welcome

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh,

Welcome to back2sikhi.

I'm not quite sure why I've started this blog. It's been one of those things that boils just under the surface of your consciousness for awhile until you start to smell the burning and realize that it's time. Time to... well, I guess we'll find out.

So what's with the title?

Ever since my childhood until about seven years ago, I felt the spirit of Sikhi. In fact, I used to have my own website and e-group to educate Sikhs and non-Sikhs about the Sikh religion and to encourage Sikh youth to examine their spirituality and use it to empower themselves. Sikhi was at the essence of who I was, it was my way of life. Then, slowly, things began to unravel. And although every time things had unraveled in my life before, I had looked to Waheguru for strength, I just couldn't do it anymore. It wasn't any one event, and there wasn't any one reason that it happened... but I just no longer had faith, no longer cared. Some days I'd pick up a gutka and do a prayer, but my heart was no longer in it.

Over the past year, my heart has slowly returned. Some days are more difficult than others, but I can again feel Waheguru. I can feel Sikhi. So I guess I have started this blog to document the journey of returning to this path. And I hope you can join me and help me get back2sikhi.

Please forgive me if I make any errors at any time. As a Sikh, I will always be learning.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

1 comment:

Dana and Co said...

Very happy that you have found the way back to Sikhi...
You don't realise but Sikhi way of life is a beautiful ... try to search term white sikhs, converting to sikhism... so many people in the world are choosing the Sikhi...