Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Serve others and forget about yourself."

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Lately I have been struggling to figure out what to "do with my life" (I am nearing that age where such a decision "needs to be made"). While being lost in the stress, I came across the quote from Bhai Guruka Singh ji. Things became a lot clearer. I was torn between a career path that others wanted for me, one where I would "get all the glory" but not be satisfied, and a path that would allow me to serve others, with much less recognition, but much more in keeping with what I feel Waheguru has in mind for me... we shall see what happens. If it is right, great. If not, I know Waheguru will help me get where She wants me to be, eventually.


"Serve others and forget about yourself. The universe will take care of you. You do not have to do it yourself. Every little baby bird and every little bug under a rock has its food provided for it. Why not you? Just pay attention to what the moment is asking of you and then do it! Care for others. Serve others, and let yourself be served. Only those who spend their lives serving are truly happy."
- Guruka Singh


Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

No comments: