Sunday, February 7, 2010

Utar gayo mere man ka sansa

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Another beautiful shabd... [translations courtesy of sikhnet.com]

(1218-16)
saarag mehlaa 5.

thaakur tumH sarnaa-ee aa-i-aa.
O my Lord and Master, I have come to Your Sanctuary.

utar ga-i-o mayray man kaa sansaa jab tay darsan paa-i-aa. rahaa-o.
The anxiety of my mind departed, when I gazed upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan.

anbolat mayree birthaa jaanee apnaa naam japaa-i-aa.
You know my condition, without my speaking. You inspire me to chant Your Name.

dukh naathay sukh sahj samaa-ay anad anad gun gaa-i-aa.
My pains are gone, and I am absorbed in peace, poise and bliss, singing Your Glorious Praises.

baah pakar kadh leenay apunay garih anDh koop tay maa-i-aa.
Taking me by the arm, You lifted me up, out of the deep dark pit of household and Maya.

kaho naanak gur banDhan kaatay bichhurat aan milaa-i-aa.
Says Nanak, the Guru has broken my bonds, and ended my separaation; He has united me with God.

No comments: